Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Casey Anthony Trial and Hockey Rage

It's been a while since I last updated this, I think it's entirely ridiculous how people are foaming at the mouth about the verdict of the trial. I work at a pizza shop, and at least five people today were STILL talking about the trial. It's still all over the tv.

It's terrible that a little girl died. But, the case against Casey Anthony was not strong. Their entire body of evidence consisted of photos of Anthony partying. No DNA. No fingerprints. Nowhere near enough to put her in jail. The DA was entirely too sure he was going to get a conviction, and he and his team didn't make a strong enough case.

I'm not saying she didn't do it. I have no idea if she did. But our justice system works in a way that you have to prove guilt, not necessarily innocence. That's why we have a trail by jury. They did their job, rightly I think, by deciding that the prosecution didn't prove guilt. If you don't like it, you can go to a country where a fair trial is not a constitutional right. If you were on trial, you would want a jury to do their job too.






Max is going to by a Flyer. Believe me, it took everything in me to not put the f-bomb in that sentence. I get the whole, "he's a young player, he's still looking to make some money," and even the "Pittsburgh couldn't offer him what he was worth." To that, I still say bullshit. We gave Kennedy and Duper less than they could have gotten elsewhere, but they strayed because they believe in the team, and they love our city. But you turned down a 3-year deal to play with the Flyers for 5 years and 9 million dollars. You weren't too great last season, and you didn't step up like other members of the team to fill the holes left by Geno and Sid. Thanks for helping us get a cup in 2009, but you're dead to me now. Sorry it had to end like this. It feels like a bad breakup.

As for Jagr, he's an idiot. If you want to play games and act like a jag-off, you don't deserve to be a Penguin. Have fun in Filthadelphia with Max. I sincerely hope someone throws nachos on you when we play you at home in December.

And Rupper, I love you. I'm really sad Shero didn't sign you again. I hope NY is good to you, and you deserve all the money you're getting. Also, you're on my list of favorite people ever for many reasons, including this tweet from you:

"3 things will stay true.... 1) I won't like the Miami Heat (LBJ) 2) grown men shouldn't ride scooters 3) I will hit the Mullet,for all fans!"


So, I love you. So much. Have fun in NY.

1 comment: